Jamie Horve, Financial Aid Administrator
Financial aid for a career in cosmetology is available in Central Illinois at Mr. John’s School of Cosmetology, Esthetics and Nails to those who qualify.
Federal Title IV funds are available for students attending Mr. John’s as a result of its national accreditation by NACCAS (National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences).
Cosmetology students may qualify for the following:
- PELL Grant (Based on family income, family size and other factors, students may qualify for free money to attend Mr. John’s.)
- SEOG (Those students who qualify for full PELL Grants may receive additional free money through the SEOG program.)
- Subsidized Direct Loans (Students may borrow up to $3,500 in their freshman year with no payments or interest due until six months after the last day of attendance.)
- Unsubsidized Direct Loans (Students may borrow up to $6,000 in their freshmen year. Interest is charged starting on the day your loan is fully disbursed. Payments begin six months after the last day of attendance. )
- PLUS Loans (Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students — Dependent students’ parents may borrow funds to help pay for tuition. Interest starts 60 days after full amount borrowed has been disbursed.)
Because of the length of the esthetics program, the loan and PELL Grant amounts listed above are prorated to 83% of the cosmetology rates listed above.
The nail technology program is not funded through PELL Grants. Payment programs are available for students.
All federal student loan programs carry a low interest rate that is adjusted every July 1. Students with multiple loans are encouraged to consolidate the loans after the 6 month grace period into one singular loan which creates only one payment.
In addition, Mr. John’s has been approved by the Illinois State Approved agency for qualifying military personnel to use their benefits from the Montgomery GI Bill.
Here at Mr. John’s School of Cosmetology, Esthetics, and Nails we find it essential to the student’s success that all avenues of financial aid are explored. It is very important that all students understand their financial aid package and has all the information to be successful. Jamie Horve, Financial Aid Administrator, makes it her goal to help students every step of the way.